Thursday, August 29, 2013

AFA Leadership Conference Opportunity

Dear College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Freshmen:

Welcome to Iowa State! On behalf of a generous gift from our friends at Growmark, I am pleased to offer 2 scholarships to the upcoming Agriculture Future of America (AFA) Leadership Conference in Kansas City, Missouri. The event is scheduled for November 7-10, 2013. For those not familiar with this organization and conference, I invite you to learn more via their website at www.agfuture.org.

I have had the pleasure to work closely with this organization for several years and always walk away from the conference impressed with the quality of students in attendance and the mission of the event. In regards to representation, Iowa State consistently sends one of the largest groups of delegates (40+) to AFA. Most return to campus empowered by the experience and excited by the opportunities this great industry offers.

These scholarships provide an all-expense paid trip to the conference. The out-of-pocket expense is minimal and transportation is provided via student carpooling. If interested, send a brief one page letter to me outlining your goals and interests in attending this event. Application deadline is Monday, September 9. Applicants can apply via email to mikegaul@iastate.edu or drop off in the Ag & Life Sciences Career Services office, 15 Curtiss Hall.

Best of luck at Iowa State and I hope that many of you will consider attending this excellent conference.

Sincerely,
Mike Gaul
Director, Career Services
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences

Iowa State University

No comments:

Post a Comment